What is Candidiasis
It can infect the mouth, vagina, skin, stomach and urinary tract. About 73% of women will get a vaginal yeast infection during their lifetime. Oral infections (called oral thrush) are most common in infants, elderly people, and those with a weakened immune system.
What are the Symptoms of Candidasis?
Symptoms of Candidasis may vary depending on the area affected.
Candidasis that affect the vagina (vaginal thrush) include:-
- Burning with urination
- Vaginal irritation
- Vaginal itching
- Thick white vaginal discharge that has a texture similar to cottage cheese.
- Symptoms of infection of the male genitals include
- Red patchy sores near the head of the penis or on the foreskin, severe itching or a burning sensation.
- Candidasis of penis can also have a white discharge, although uncommon.
What are the Causes of the Candidasis?
- Unprotected sex with an infected person.
- Over use of antibiotics.
- Steroids and some cancer medications weaken the immune system and can allow yeast to flourish.
- Several different health conditions (for example, a weekend immune system, and diabetes).
What are the Medication and Treatments available for Candidasis?
Varieties of curing ways are nowadays available to treat Candidasis. It can be corrected with the help of oral and topical medication which are to be prescribed by your doctor after analyzing extends of your problem.
- There are topical antifungal agents available in the form of topical creams, ointments, gels, lotion and powder for both candidal infection (yeast infection)and dermatophyte infection(ringworm infection).one has to apply topical antifungal topical agents for couple of weeks to couple of months depending upon the extend. One should keep applying anti fungal even after the clearance so that chances of relapse are less. In case of tinea vesicular topical shampoos (shower gel), powders, lotion to control tinea vesicular. One has to apply for couple of months.
- There are latest antifungal and time tested oral antifungal are available to treat varieties of skin fungal infection of different areas of the body and severity. Different oral antifungal act on the causative agents whether it is dermatophyte infection, yeast (candidal) infection and Malassezia fur fur a causative agent for pytriasis vesicular. The extend of antifungal oral treatment will depend upon the severity of your fungal infection and the type of fungal infection.