Skin is the outer soft covering of the body. The skin contains seven layers of tissue which guards the internal part of the body as well as protects us from germs. Skin specialists says that some time when skin get infected by germs it causes itching, irritation and feels like burning which are signs of some type of skin diseases. Any problem with skin can become severe if not treated properly. Here is what the best skin doctors says about type of Skin Infections and treatments..
Skin infection and treatments
Bacterial skin infection
Bacteria can cause many types of skin infections and that too on any area. The very common skin infection encountered by doctors due to bacterial include cellulitis, folliculitis, impetigo etc.
• Cellulitis: in this type of infection you may feel pain, redness, swelling and warmth in the infected area. It can appear anywhere on the body. It happens when bacteria enter in our body by any source.
antibiotics which include cephalosporin, Dicloxacillin or Vancomycin are used to treat this kind of skin infection.
• Impetigo: it is the infection that mostly occurs in adults and it also can be seen in the children of age 2 to 5 years. It spread when we come in the contact of a infected person and looks like honey colored crusts on body.
Treatment: mupirocin is the ointment which is preferred by the best skin doctors for this. oral antibiotics like
penicillin or cephalosporin’s also used.
• Folliculitis: It is a infection of hair follicles resulting in red pimples. They may itch or be painful and affect people of all ages. They can grow in any part of body where the hair is present.
Treatment: antibacterial medications which contain benzoyl peroxide are used to treat this as well as good skin hygiene and proper shaving techniques also prevent this.
Fungal skin infection
These types of infections is caused by the occurrence of fungus in moist conditions. According to skin specialists unhygienic conditions occurs like wearing the wet clothes these type of infection affect the body.
• Athlete’s foot: fungus affects the space between the toes and causes itching, burning and cracking.
Treatment: best skin doctors suggest using antifungal creams and prescription medicines for this.
• Yeast Infections: yeast infection is caused by fungi called Candida. It causes a red, scaling rash on the skin of the warm, moist and creased area.
Treatment: the best skin doctor advice to use anti-yeast medications. They are also treated with the medical creams.
Viral skin Infection
Viruses are the very common tiny germs. They attack various parts of our body and create problems as said by many of the best skin doctors.
• Chicken pox: is the viral illness and is the most common diseases of childhood which causes due to infection.
• Molluscum: it is also viral skin infection that cause pearl like bumps on the skin.
Treatment: visit skin specialist.
Dr Navin Taneja from Thenationalskincentre advice you better about any problem related to skin. If you are feeling symptoms of any of these or feeling something irritating with your skin meet a skin specialist asap.