Before understanding the causes and symptoms of acne, you must understand what is acne actually. Acne is the skin condition that causes whiteheads, blackheads or pimples on the face, forehead, chest, upper back and shoulders. Acne is most common among teenagers during hormonal changes at the time of puberty. According to skin specialists the main reason behind acnes is oil and dirt. Excess of oil inside our skin pops out in form of acne and the effect of dirt causes inflammation which worsens the situation. The best skin doctors have described the major acne-causes and symptoms, if you are entering your teenage you must know these.
Main Causes of Acne
- Hormonal change is the biggest reason behind acne problems. When you enter the age of puberty your body starts releasing large amounts of sex hormone androgen which further affect the oil production of oil glands making them overactive and enlarged. The excess of sebum produced by these glands blocks pores and hair follicles which causes acne
- Diet performs a major role in proper functioning of our body. Even the imbalance in diet can cause serious problems and the same implies here. Skin specialists says that over eating of carbohydrate rich foods like chocolates and chips can increase your chances of getting acnes.
- Medications of some disease are also prone to acne. Certain medications have corticosteroids, testosterone or lithium in them which are known to cause acnes in teenagers and even in adults.
- The best skin doctors of all time also believe that living a stressful life can also bring acnes to your beautiful skin.
- Some makeup that contain too much oil or if you don’t use makeup according to your skin type you might get acnes on your skin.
- Sometimes helmets, tight collars and even cell phones can create pressure on the skin which can further cause acnes in some situations.
- Skin specialists says that if your father and mother have got acnes on their skin, major chances are there that you will also get acnes. However, taking care can help you avoid too.
There are different types of acne and the symptoms of all are different. Skin specialists have told the differences between the symptoms of all. However, oily, greasy, and dull skin is a common symptom of all types of acne. Here is what the best skin doctors informs about the acnes.
- Clogged pores: oil or sebum gets infected with dirt and pops out as whiteheads, blackheads or pimples.
- Papules: the oil triggers in form of raised lesions which looks bad and feel painful
- Pustules: these are same as papules but the pus in them makes the situation more bad and are more painful.
- Cysts: these are different from pustules and nodules filled with either pus or fluid. These cause pain until not cleaned.
If you are feeling any of the conditions it is better for you to get an appointment from the best skin doctor of your area. Living acnes without treating can make your skin look fermented and bad.